You're probably already aware that chocolate isn't a healthy food to give your pets, but did you know it's poisonous to cats? Ingesting even a small amount of the chemical compound theobromine, which is found in chocolate, can damage your cat's nervous system, cause their heart to fail or cost them their life. Here's an overview of the symptoms, diagnosis and treatment for this type of poisoning:
Common symptoms of chocolate poisoning to look out for include the following:
You may not think much of the condition of your pet's teeth, but their oral health is very important for their overall physical health. If their teeth are weakened or they're having problems with their gums, they may not eat properly and, in turn, get sick or have a weakened immune system. If you're a responsible pet owner, you also don't want to have a pet who is in pain because of their teeth being neglected!